EVERY time Kevin De Bruyne or Mohamed Salah puts in a Man of the Match performance, Chelsea fans are hit with a pinch of sadness. Unfortunately for Blues supporters, those two are now undisputed world superstars. But, before they reached their current elite level, they were once allowed to leave Stamford Bridge as underplayed, underachieving youngsters. And they’re not the only two either. We’ve taken a look at SEVEN players who could be starring for new boss Thomas Tuchel if they had not failed to make the grade at Chelsea before going on to become superstars elsewhere: KEVIN DE BRUYNE NOW quite possibly the best midfielder on the planet, it’s barely-believable De Bruyne was once considered a Chelsea misfit.Having signed from Belgian side Genk in 2011-12, the now-Manchester City star played just two Premier League games for the Blues. On the periphery of the first-team squad, De Bruyne was loaned to Werder Bremen, before being sold to Wolfsburg for just £16.7m. There, De Bruyne’s class shone through and his career took off, joining City for £55million in 2015. The pass-master has won two Premier League trophies at City in easily the club’s greatest era and even scored against the Blues… Read full this story
- Man Utd told they need three signings and Declan Rice to compete for Premier League title
- West Ham owners told two things they can do to stop Declan Rice from joining Man Utd
- ‘A legend in his own right’ – Declan Rice told how he can emulate Frank Lampard by man who nurtured both at West Ham
- Man Utd told Declan Rice can be their new Roy Keane in hint he should be top summer target
- Liverpool owners FSG should be commended for Mo Salah contract stance because of two clubs
- Paul Pogba, Erling Haaland, Kylian Mbappe, Vivianne Miedema, Declan Rice: Fifty players who could move in the summer transfer window
- Declan Rice: David Moyes reiterates West Ham midfielder and 'England's best player' is not for sale
- Mo Salah will do 'everything on his part' to join Barcelona as Liverpool issue 'threat'
- Mike Dean’s GOLDEN card, Kalvin Phillips contract UPDATE, Ian Rush’s World Cup view – updates on the draw
- PSG in for Antony, Kalvin Phillips contract UPDATE, Ian Rush’s World Cup view – updates on the draw
Seven stars who quit Chelsea and became world class including Kevin De Bruyne, Mo Salah… and Declan Rice have 379 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 27, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.