The Dak Nong Geopark (Photo: VNA) 1. The 14th National Assembly approves the revised Law on Environmental Protection. With 16 chapters and 171 articles, the revised law marks the first time a resident community has been defined as a subject in environmental protection. It also regulates environmental audits, the management and handling of waste to develop a circular economy, climate change response, the development of a domestic carbon market, and the conservation of natural heritages in line with international law, among others. The law will take effect from January 1, 2022. 2. Unusual and extreme natural disasters take place across three regions. Hail and thunderstorms rained down violently on many northern provinces from the outset of the Lunar New Year 2020. The dry season saw a serious water shortage in the Mekong Delta, with early and deep saline intrusion for several days, exceeding the record set in 2016. In the wet season, central provinces suffered from a series of consecutive and intense natural disasters. Within 42 days, they bore the brunt of six storms and one tropical depression, including a storm considered one of the two most intense in the last two decades. Meanwhile, rain-induced storms, floods, and landslides cost… Read full this story
- Value of Scottish natural resources calculated for first time
- Seven councils team up to harvest natural resources
- Russia's Natural Resources Make Up 60% of GDP – Reports
- Value of all Scotland’s natural resources revealed
- Belarus, Sudan discuss energy projects, extraction of natural resources
- Mayor Georgi Ikonomov: Our rich festival programme and natural resources attract more and more tourists to Bansko
- FIMBank announces $10.2m after-tax profit for 2018
- Nature declining at ‘unprecedented’ rate, UN study warns
- Rada approves Ukraine's environment policy strategy until 2030
- 'Nature's emergency is our emergency too'
Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment announces top 10 events have 274 words, post on ven.vn at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.