A scream from Andy Robertson was a forlorn attempt to distract Mason Greenwood beginning Manchester United’s comeback. The defender won’t be the only one shrieking at Liverpool after going out of the FA Cup.Not that everything went wrong for Liverpool, with Mohamed Salah scoring twice. The Liverpool striker’s opener was canceled out by Greenwood and he leveled after Marcus Rashford put United in front. But Bruno Fernandes bent in a free kick in the 78th minute to send United into the fifth round with a 3-2 victory on Sunday.Losing compounded a miserable 70 hours that also saw Liverpool beaten at home by Burnley on Thursday in a further blow to its title defense. It was a 0-0 draw with United a week ago that helped Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side stay top of the standings in the pursuit of the team’s first Premier League title since 2013.“We have to sort it together and that’s what we will do,” Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp said.The excitement lacking in the Anfield league encounter was on show a week later at a freezing and fan-free Old Trafford with the highest scoring match between these fiercest of English rivals since 2010.United was joined by Chelsea, Everton,… Read full this story
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Pogba makes one-sided combined XI
- Manchester United vs Liverpool chants investigated by FA
- Manchester United fans won't turn on wantaway Pogba: Solskjaer
- Manchester City and Liverpool off to blistering starts
- Mata believes Manchester United must set 'higher standards'
- Just how different will Manchester United look next year?
- Big Match Focus: Manchester United v Arsenal (Monday 20:00 BST)
- Pogba does not feel loved at Manchester United – Evra
- 3 ways Ole Gunnar Solskjaer can fix Manchester United's woes
- Mata: No regrets over Manchester United move
Manchester United compounds Liverpool's woes with victory in FA Cup have 292 words, post on www.thehindu.com at January 25, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.