By Maegan Vazquez, CNN Updated 1412 GMT (2212 HKT) January 17, 2021 (CNN)Donald Trump’s presidency has largely been defined by his disregard for political norms and his historic two impeachments. Trump purposefully sought to upend conventional domestic and foreign policy, fundamentally altering America’s role in the world. And he disrupted the status quo in Washington, recalibrating the federal government’s role in everyday American life in ways both temporary and for a longer term effect. Trump’s last year in office will define his legacy, historians say Some of Trump’s most consequential decisions, such as his judicial appointments, will dictate the ideological make-up of the courts for decades. And the physical reminder of his immigration and border security policies, in the form of a US-Mexico border wall, will likely remain etched into America’s landscape well past his presidency. Other actions, including many issued through the use of executive authority, can be undone through the regulatory process or with the flick of Joe Biden’s pen once he’s president. Still, those actions will have sometimes had a years long impact on American lives, affecting everything from their jobs to their schools to the kinds of lightbulbs they can buy. Here are some of the… Read full this story
- Why are the US news media so bad at covering climate change?
- In Japan, Trump begins talks on trade, Iran, North Korea
- Trump administration moves to make new cars dirtier by arguing they’ll be safer
- Trumplomacy: Has Trump made the world more dangerous?
- The Bitcoin Intelligence Operation and Communist China
- Silicon Valley congressman Ro Khanna explains his ‘internet bill of rights’
- On Facebook’s 15th birthday, we should be talking about its size
- ‘I made Steve Bannon’s psychological warfare tool’: meet the data war whistleblower
- Dan Savage’s biggest fear involves cunnilingus and a bear in a MAGA hat
- 'We're not electing a planner': Joe Biden snipes at Elizabeth Warren's 'I have a plan for that' campaign as she overtakes him in Democratic primary polls
How Trump's most consequential policies have changed America have 331 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 17, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.