For a man who first appeared on television when he was 2, showing Bob Hope how he could already swat golf balls, the public actually knows little about Tiger Woods Getting behind carefully-constructed walls was the challenge faced by filmmakers Matthew Hamachek and Matthew Heineman, whose two-part HBO documentary "Tiger" starts Sunday at 9 p.m. Eastern. Even without their subject’s cooperation, the men created a fascinating portrait of a champion driven relentlessly to success. Neither filmmaker is a big golf fan. Hamachek traces his interest in Woods to the disastrous Thanksgiving night in 2009 when a car accident led to the unraveling of the golfer’s marriage and discovery of his secret life with other women. He recalled thinking about how he knew nothing about a man who was instantly recognizable. It’s hard not to cringe watching a clip included in the documentary of Woods as a toddler on a television stage, saying when a microphone is held to his face that "I want to go poo-poo." He was pushed there by his late father, Earl, who emerges on the film as the same sort of relentless stage dad that damaged musicians Michael Jackson and Brian Wilson had. Woods’ kindergarten teacher… Read full this story
- Connecticut Authors Team Up For Definitive Biography Of Tiger Woods
- Tiger Woods just wanted 'to walk without pain.' Now, he's teeing it up in Charlotte.
- Tiger Woods’ return to Quail Hollow sure to cause chaos. Club officials can't wait.
- Maybe Pubescent Girl Horror Films Like Wildling Should Be Made by Actual Women
- New on Netflix, HBO, Amazon and Hulu May 2018
- Tessa Thompson and Lily James Discuss Their Neo-Western Film ‘Little Woods’
- HBO Real Sports piece on TCU won't be a good look... for the school or Gary Patterson
- The Exceptionally Varied Gems of This Year’s Tribeca Film Festival
- Atrium Health releases doctors seeking to break away from the hospital system
- Panicked families flee cinema as trailer for 'scariest horror film in years' shown in Peter Rabbit screening
HBO film seeks a look behind Tiger Woods' public persona have 333 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at January 8, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.