Nvidia has unveiled its mass market GPU play, the $330 GeForce RTX 3060, at CES on Tuesday.The company said its 60-class chips are its most popular, with the GTX 1060 topping Steam popularity charts since its 2016 unveiling, while noting that 90% of GeForce gamers do not yet have an RTX series GPU and remain on the GTX chips.Nvidia said the RTX 3060 has twice the raster performance and 10x the ray-tracing capability of the 5-year old GTX 1060.Spec-wise, the company said the Ampere-based RTX 3060 arrives with 12GB of DDR6 memory, 192-bit memory interface, 13 shader-TFLOPs, 25 RT-TFLOPs for ray tracing, and 101 tensor-TFLOPs for AI-boosted deep learning super sampling for pixel prediction in supported games.As a 30-series GPU, the RTX 3060 has support for resizable BAR to allow the CPU to allow all of the GPU memory at once on compatible motherboards, as well as Reflex support to reduce input lag and Broadcast support to apply AI enhancements to audio and video feeds, and video conferencing.The RTX 3060 is set to be available on late February. Speaking with journalists on Wednesday, Nvidia representatives said the company was making GPUs as quick as it could to meet demand and… Read full this story
- Ireland ready to take on world after setting new standard
- Offense backs Wacha as Cardinals even series in Milwaukee.
- NBA Draft 2018: Phoenix Suns take Deandre Ayton first
- OSU TAKES ON TAR HEELS AT COLLEGE WORLD SERIES
- Nvidia's $250 Geforce GTX 1060 Brings Pascal Power To The Masses
- Preview: 2018 DTM Series – Hungaroring
- Oregon State defeats Arkansas in Game 3 to win College World Series
- Ministers who can’t operate laptops within 6 months will be sacked, says Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli
- Boost for Belfast plant as Bombardier and Airbus copper-fasten C Series deal
- Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 1180 could be unveiled next month
CES 2021: Nvidia takes wraps off GeForce RTX 3060 and RTX 30 series laptop GPUs have 298 words, post on www.zdnet.com at January 13, 2021. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.