Tesla Inc. released its first report on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion via a blog post late Friday, statistics that Silicon Valley tech companies and banks on Wall Street have been sharing for years.While the report showcases a heavy presence of minorities in its US workforce, it highlights a lack of diversity with a predominantly male and White leadership team, and offers a peek into a relatively opaque structure without an organizational chart on its website that just lists four male executives as its only leadership.“I’m thrilled to finally see it,” Kristin Hull, the founder and chief executive of Nia Impact Capital, a social impact fund based in Oakland, California, that invests in Tesla, said in a phone call Saturday. “It’s a step in the right direction. We need to know more about where Tesla is heading, and I’d like more granularity and to see targets and more specific goals set, particularly for company culture.”Black and African-American employees represent 10% of Tesla’s US workforce, but just 4% of managers at the level of director and above, according to the report.“We know that our numbers do not represent the deep talent pools of Black and African-American talent that… Read full this story
- White Male VCs Tend to Fund White Male Entrepreneurs. Could Robots Do Better?
- White House criticised for lack of diversity after releasing photo of spring 2018 interns
- Oxford Uni Retweets Person Calling David Lammy 'Bang Out Of Order' Over Diversity Data
- Tesla’s Model 3 Is Elon Musk’s Hell
- Have you seen Westfield's new 'family diversity' parking spaces?
- Tesla Makes Last-Ditch Model 3 Deliveries as Pressures Mount
- 'Meghan is perfect role model:' Sheffield's African Caribbean community says Royal Wedding is 'victory for diversity'
- Gender diversity in the technology sector is still a big problem
- What white supremacist groups look like, 50 years after Martin Luther King's assassination
- Apple pays women MORE than men by some measures as iPhone maker reveals gender pay gap report
Tesla’s first ever diversity report shows white, male leadership have 321 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at December 6, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.