Tesla is recalling nearly 10,000 of its Model X and Model Y vehicles to sort out a couple of safety issues. Model X Announced by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) this week, the recall includes 9,136 Model X cars from model year 2016. It concerns a potential issue with two external trims, or appliques, which could come away from the top of the car as it’s in motion, risking the safety of the occupants of a vehicle following close behind. As per the NHTSA: “The Model X is equipped with a cosmetic applique at the front of the roof just behind the windshield, known as the front applique, as well as an applique at the center of the roof in between the upper falcon door roof glass, known as the spine applique. Both appliques are adhered to the vehicle using urethane. If the applique-to-urethane interface lacks primer, then, over time, the adhesion may weaken, causing the applique to separate from the vehicle.” The NHTSA said that while it is not currently aware of any accidents or injuries resulting from the condition, “if the applique separates from the vehicle while in drive, it could create a road hazard for… Read full this story
- Honda recalling 1.4 million US vehicles
- Tesla Model 3 India Launch Timeline Revealed: Bookings & Deliveries Details
- Tesla Accuses Electric Vehicle Rival Rivian of Stealing Trade Secrets
- Elon Musk: Apple CEO didn't take meeting about buying Tesla
- Elon Musk claims Tim Cook refused to meet with him to discuss buying Tesla
- VW recalls 100K Beetles with faulty airbags
- General Motors Recalls 840K Vehicles For Seat Belt, Suspension Problems
- Diane Kruger, 44, covers new Vogue Greece as she recalls 'weighing very few pounds' in her early modeling days because of the era's 'beauty standards'
- Elon Musk reveals Tesla purchased the rights to lithium deposits in 10,000 acres in Nevada to reduce costs by 33% - but critics say it will take 'three to four years to see production'
- Korea launches probe into fatal Tesla Model X accident
Tesla recalls nearly 10,000 Model X and Model Y vehicles have 323 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.