Earlier this week, PS5 pre-orders started up at various retailers around the world at different times and with little warning. This created a giant mess and now Sony has officially apologized for the clusterfuck. Advertisement The problems started on September 16, right after the latest PS5 showcase video ended. Sony said pre-orders for its next-gen console would start " As early as tomorrow. " And then Wal-Mart and other stores began offering pre-orders right away and chaos ensued. Over the next few hours, people desperately tried to pre-order consoles when different stores launched their PS5 product pages or activated pre-0rders. There was lots of confusion and not much word from Sony about what was going on. Now, a few days after the dust has settled and many are still looking to pre-order a PS5, Sony has apologized for the whole situation. G/O Media may get a commission K-Swiss Court Casper Casual Sneakers $40 at Macy’s "PS5 preorders could have been a lot smoother." Advertisement The company also said it will have more consoles ready to pre-order "over the next few days" and that even more PS5 consoles will go on sale throughout the year. Meanwhile, Microsoft has been busy throwing… Read full this story
- Apple says iPhone X pre-orders are 'off the charts'
- Sony pulls back curtain on new PS4 console
- Gamers snap up first deliveries of PS4 game console
- Sony's Stringer under fire as 25 million more accounts hacked
- Apple gets record 2 million iPhone 5 orders
- Sony to launch PlayStation consoles in China from January
- Sony to sell PlayStation in China through new ventures
- Spotify to replace Sony streaming music service
- Sony and Sharp launch e-readers, tablets in Japan
- 'Not a woman's choice': India's abortion limit puts women at risk, say campaigners
Sony Apologizes For PS5 Pre-Order Clusterfuck And Says More Consoles Will Be Available This Year have 287 words, post on kotaku.com at September 19, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.