Prabhu Damodaran, 42, was in the stands, unable to hold back tears of joy as Ambati Rayudu drove Carlos Brathwaite through covers for the winning runs in the final of the 2018 IPL. Chennai Super Kings had staged a dream return, winning the IPL title for the third time by beating Sunrisers Hyderabad in the summit clash. The win was more special than any of the franchise’s previous two titles wins. Why wouldn’t it? CSK were making a comeback after serving a two-year-ban, and despite being tagged as ‘Dad’s Army’ for the number of 30 plus players in the squad, their experience was enough to trump the team that finished top of the table.IPL 2020 Full CoverageDamodaran is the co-founder of the famous ‘Whistle Podu Army’ – a Bharat Army-type fan group comprising fans of CSK – that travels places to watch their favourite team play. Bundled up in euphoria, the W.P Army, over the years, has ensured that the buzz in Chennai grows louder each year around IPL time. So when the news of the tournament being moved to the UAE broke, the fans weren’t too thrilled. That said, once it sunk in, the excitement kicked… Read full this story
- 'We don't own this earth': The Biblical case for protecting the environment
- Letters to the editor: Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2017
- Smoke, Heat & Thunder
- Valley Train Service So Inadequate Commuters Question Existence
- Friday Puddles Signal Arrival of Hot, Sticky Air
- Ukraine finally battens down its leaky cyber hatches after attacks
- Iowa's Nile Kinnick refused to 'stick to sports' and delivered a Heisman speech in 1939 that still resonates
- 3 Years After Hurricane Sandy, Is New York Prepared for the Next Great Storm?
- I am starting to wonder which side Trump is rooting for in 2018
- AABE Hosts its Second Annual Energy Workshop and Encourages African -Americans to Get Involved in Energy
IPL 2020: An IPL away from India? Not a problem for CSK’s Whistle Podu Army have 302 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at September 1, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.