To mark six months since a pandemic was officially declared, BuzzFeed News is publishing The Lost Year series: six stories of six people from six different age groups across the US. Each day this week, we are profiling a new person to see what toll the coronavirus has taken on their lives. In this first installment, we meet a young boy in the Bronx. When Kyle Lyons was younger , he wanted to be a police officer when he grew up. But now he's 10, and times — and he — have changed. " Oh, the police officers do good things. They help people ," he said of his prior thinking, in a voice that made it clear he didn't believe that any longer. "So I really wanted to be a police officer." At some point, though, "I just stopped liking police officers." Since his change of heart, Kyle has wanted to be many things: a wrestler, an artist who makes pottery, maybe even a professional basketball or soccer player. But right now, having completed his sixth month cooped up in a New York City apartment, he's struggling to imagine his future. "I haven’t really put my mind to it,… Read full this story
- Jeremy Kyle researchers 'smoked cannabis with guests, gave them alcohol for 'medicinal purposes' and fuelled conflict behind the scenes', new documentary claims
- 'Most-hated' Jeremy Kyle guest says he contemplated suicide after ITV show gave him just ONE minute of aftercare when he was 'crucified' on air - as MP suggests criminals 'have more rights' at hearing recent deaths
- Tragic Jeremy Kyle guest, 63, had just found out he was a grandfather when he killed himself after telling his estranged son he was 'concerned about repercussions of show', inquest hears
- Tragic Jeremy Kyle 'suicide' guest will be buried in a pauper’s funeral arranged by the council after cutting ties with his family before he died
- Seven out of 10 A&E patients are waiting LONGER under new NHS measures which promise to give critically ill people treatment sooner
- Strip club owner doesn’t have the right to grow his own medical marijuana, court says
- District 10 cliff-hanger race between Denham and Harder still teetering
- Inside Europe: 10 Years of Turmoil – what was the international financial crisis and how did it affect the eurozone?
- PM Wants Clear Majority As Spain Faces Another Election
- Impeachment Pressure Grows, Trump Remains Defiant
At 10, Kyle Can No Longer Imagine What He Wants To Be When He Grows Up have 398 words, post on www.buzzfeednews.com at September 7, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.