The ongoing pandemic has affected everyone and everything, and the music industry is no exception. Production delays and tour cancellations are but two among a number of ways that artists are being forced to adapt. But adapt they do—some of them anyway—with a bevy of livestreams, DIY music videos, and upcoming album releases to show for it. The good news is that 2020 had a number of pleasant surprises in the music department —and some still in store. That includes new releases from big-name acts such as Katy Perry, Lana Del Rey, and The Killers, as well as unexpected reunions from bands like Secret Machines and Doves. There are also solo projects from Jonsí (of Sigur Rós) and Matt Berninger (of The National) to look forward to as well as full-length debuts from Celeste, Nana Adjoa, and others to enjoy. Stacker dug into upcoming releases on the Billboard and Metacritic release calendars and compiled a diverse list of 100 albums. Titles are organized by release date and, within that, the artist’s name. Despite the proliferation of seasoned talent and fresh voices, listeners seeking pure escapism might come up a little shorthanded. These are troublesome and uncertain times and much of… Read full this story
- Atmospheric album release from prolific local musician
- Zayn Malik ‘dropped’ by manager two months before album release
- Ariana Grande debuts new purple hair as she gears up for album release
- Album release on day of Wadsworth gig
- BDZ will receive up to BGN 100 million in 2020 for new trains
- Now That's What I Call Music 100: Your music memories of the past 35 years
- Albums of the week: Christina Aguilera's back with a big bonkers bang
- Franz Ferdinand and Mogwai up for Scottish Album of the Year
- Sting and Shaggy sing off same reggae-inspired sheet for new album
- Album Review: Arctic Monkeys' return 'not bad, but deeply baffling'
100 Albums Released in 2020 to Put on Your Radar have 302 words, post on www.newsweek.com at September 10, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.