The Ministry of Information and Communications is seeking to amend Decree 181 to make clearer the responsibilities of advertisers and advertising service providers such as Facebook and Google.The 2013 decree to guide implementation of the Law on Advertising lays down basic regulations governing cross-border advertising activities in Vietnam. But the ministry said it lacks comprehensive guidance with regard to the responsibilities of involved parties, particularly for content censorship and tax obligations.Its list of violations and sanctions for them are incomplete, not severe enough or impracticable, it said.The ministry therefore wants amendments that obligate advertising service providers to proactively review their products to ensure they do not violate the Law on Advertising and to pay taxes in accordance with regulations.They will also be required to block and remove illegal contents when asked by the ministry and other competent authorities.Advertisers will be responsible for the contents and have the right to demand their advertisements are not attached to contents that violate the law.The ministry also plans to remove a number of provisions it deems inappropriate such as a requirement that advertisers seeking to use international advertising services must go through domestic agencies.Only 45 percent of Google’s advertising revenues and 30 percent of… Read full this story
- Vietnam seeks Russia’s support in COVID-19 vaccine production technology transfer
- Apple, Amazon, Facebook, Google, More US Tech Giants Should Be Regulated Where They’re Based: EU Lawmaker
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 3
- Amnesty International accuses Facebook and YouTube of complicity with government suppression in Vietnam
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 12
- The EU is likely to approve Google's Fitbit acquisition soon
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 11
- Ad Tool Facebook Built to Fight Disinformation Doesn’t Work as Advertised
- Google Removes Some IAC Chrome Browser Extensions for 'Policy Violations'
- Squirming Google and Facebook's shameful admissions over online scam adverts
Vietnam seeks tighter control over Facebook, Google ads have 297 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 22, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.