Teacher union bosses have been accused of trying to throttle government plans to reopen schools next month with a 200-long list of safety demands. The National Education Union has provided its half a million members with a ‘checklist’ of Covid-secure measures which its institution should be enforcing. If these demands are not met, and concerns are not acted upon, the union urges staff to ‘escalate’ their quarrel. It comes as Geoff Barton, the general secretary of the Association of School and College Leaders, also warned that schools could teach pupils on a ‘week on, week off’ basis if the government continued to demand that all children return to school by September. Mr Barton told The Daily Telegraph: ‘If you want to limit the number of children on site or travelling to and from school, a big part of that is using rotas and the obvious way to do it is week on, week off.’ The general secretary added that leadership teams would be drawing up their own plans in the absence of clear guidance from the government. The 200-long list of safety demands asks if the timetable includes sufficient creative subjects, and space for dialogue and sustained thinking? (Stock image) The list of… Read full this story
- Schools cancel trips abroad, prepare online lessons and rethink perfect attendance awards as they brace for coronavirus spread
- HCM City expected to allow 9th, 12th graders back to school on Monday
- Mixed feelings: Excited, nervous, thousands of students resume classes
- EXCLUSIVE: Tom Cruise is holed up at the 5-star Gritti Palace in Venice after Mission: Impossible 7 is forced to halt filming after outbreak of coronavirus in Italy
- Boris Johnson launches furious attack on EU double-standards after Michel Barnier demands UK bans chlorinated chicken, obeys Brussels rules, and cedes fishing rights in return for trade deal - despite not imposing same conditions on Canada
- Murder, Rape & Suicide: How An Obama Era ‘Diversity’ Directive Ushered Injustice Into Our Public Schools
- British life on hold for THREE MONTHS: Coronavirus shutdown could see Britons told to 'avoid contact outside work and school' with eating out, pub visits and events stopped – as NHS says scare is a highest-level emergency
- "It's Caused a Lot of Havoc": As CA Film Schools Reclassify Part-Time Professors, Wage Lawsuits Ramp Up
- No 10 squares up to EU chief Ursula von der Leyen saying the deadline for trade talks will not be moved past December as she holds crunch talks with Boris Johnson after warning it will be IMPOSSIBLE to strike a full post-Brexit deal by the end of this year
- Frozen with fear: She was held hostage and violated by an axe-wielding maniac, but - as the second extract from a chilling new book reveals - when Gill Moran was sent out to buy supplies for her attacker, she was too terrified to scream for help...
Teaching unions try to 'sabotage' school reopening plan with 'impossible list' of 200 safety demands and insisting classes be held 'one week on, one week off' have 464 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.