LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Stanley Johnson scored the tiebreaking basket in the lane with 4.9 seconds remaining, giving the Toronto Raptors a 125-121 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday that made a winner of Adrian Griffin. Raptors coach Nick Nurse let his assistant coach run the team and they responded with a late run from the bottom of their bench, long after Philadelphia’s Joel Embiid had ended his night, to improve to 6-1 in the restart. Kyle Lowry and Chris Boucher each scored 19 points for the Raptors. Embiid played just the first half after missing a game with a left ankle injury. He also took a hit on the hand in this one and finished with five points in 14 minutes. Tobias Harris scored 22 points and Furkan Korkmaz had 21 for the 76ers, who became locked into the No. 6 seed in the Eastern Conference earlier Wednesday, securing a first-round matchup against the Boston Celtics. Griffin said Nurse approached him with the opportunity and the Raptors pulled it out for him by rallying from 10 down midway through the fourth quarter, and six down with under 2 minutes to play. The Raptors’ first-round series against No…. Read full this story
- Lakers vs. Jazz odds, line, spread: 2019 NBA picks, Dec. 4 predictions from model on 15-3 roll
- Celtics vs. Heat odds, line, spread: 2019 NBA picks, Dec. 4 predictions from model on 15-3 roll
- NBA wrap: Rockets overcome Raptors, 76ers beaten
- Happy New Hair! These women have shocked social media with VERY surprising before and afters of their long, strong locks (so, how can you do the same before NYE?)
- NBA Power Rankings: Red-hot Raptors move up; Lakers drop after win streak gets busted; Carmelo saving Blazers?
- NBA Winners and Losers: Anthony Davis beats New Orleans; Giannis, Bucks continue streaking; Knicks keep losing
- Jimmy Butler dominates overtime, drops triple-double as Heat hand Raptors their first home loss
- Pacers assistant 'hates' Sixers' Joel Embiid: 'He gets away with a lot of crap'
- Rockets vs. Raptors odds, line, spread: 2019 NBA picks, Dec. 5 predictions from model on 15-3 roll
- Celtics’ Brown 1 of many injuries impacting NBA playoffs
Sixers Locked Into First Round Matchup Vs. Celtics, Lose To Raptors have 339 words, post on philadelphia.cbslocal.com at August 12, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.