President Trump has told reporters he’s planning to ban TikTok from operating in the US. “As far as TikTok is concerned, we’re banning them from the United States,” Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One on Friday night. Bloomberg reports that Trump indicated he’s ready to sign a document to order the ban as early as today, either via an executive order or emergency economic powers. “I will sign the document tomorrow,” said Trump on Friday night, indicating that a ban could take effect “essentially immediately.” The threat of a TikTok ban has been lingering since Secretary of State Mike Pompeo mentioned the possibility on July 7th, saying it was “something we’re looking at.” TikTok is a subsidiary of Beijing-based ByteDance, and critics have called out its privacy practices and potential ties to the Chinese government. Pompeo also compared TikTok to Huawei and ZTE, two Chinese companies that have been designated as threats to US national security. Reports on Friday suggested the Trump administration would potentially force TikTok’s Chinese owner to divest it. Such a move triggered rumors about Microsoft potentially acquiring TikTok’s US operations, a move that Trump appeared to downplay on Friday. “[It’s] not the deal that you… Read full this story
- President Trump Says Goodell Must Suspend Kneeling NFL Players
- President Trump Says National Champion Clemson Tigers Will Visit White House
- President Trump Says Deal Reached To End Government Shutdown For 3 Weeks
- President Trump Says He'll Sign Executive Order to Keep Immigrant Families Together
- Curt Schilling Belongs In Hall Of Fame, President Trump Says
- President Trump Says He'll Shoot Immigrants at Border if They Throw Rocks
- President Trump Says He Simply Misspoke When Siding with Putin Over U.S. Intelligence
- Here’s What the Vibe Was Like at President Trump’s Inauguration
- CNN Uses Fact Check as Vehicle for Another Smear of President Trump
- President Trump Came to Chicago With Insults. For Chicagoans, the Feeling Was Mutual.
President Trump says he will ban TikTok in the US today have 330 words, post on www.theverge.com at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.