(CNN)Safety will not be compromised for a Covid-19 vaccine, the US Food and Drug Administration commissioner said Monday. Dr. Stephen Hahn made the declaration in a video briefing with the American Medical Association. More than 5 million Americans have been infected with coronavirus, and more than 163,000 have died, according to Johns Hopkins data. Hahn acknowledged that because of the speed with which the agency is working, some experts have questioned whether the FDA will compromise its scientific principles in reviewing clinical trial data. These 3 Covid-19 vaccines have been in the news. Here’s what you need to know about them “Let me assure you that we will not cut corners,” Hahn said. “All of our decisions will continue to be based on good science and the same careful deliberative processes we have always used when reviewing medical products.” Many Americans are skeptical about a vaccine. Hahn said he has seen surveys that report a significant part of the public will be reluctant to get a Covid-19 vaccine. A CNN poll in May found one-third of Americans said they would not try to get vaccinated against Covid-19, even if the vaccine is widely available and low-cost. Read More Hahn asked… Read full this story
- Dubious stem cell clinic got hold of smallpox vaccine. FDA just took it away
- Fed up with Forest Service cuts, Mammoth Lakes and other towns are plotting a recreation takeover
- “Clear and obvious” is how the NFL says “shut up”
- You Won’t Believe How Easy It Is to Buy Anti-Vaxx Ads on Google
- Gene Therapy: Latest CAR-T Therapy for Cancer Signals New Era for Life-Saving Treatments
- Vaping: The illnesses and controversies as the death toll climbs
- Reaction to claims Cameron wants to 'get rid of green crap': Politics live blog
- Nick Clegg's LBC phone-in and his environment speech: Politics live blog
- My ice addiction: from both sides
- 'Demonetisation was illegal'
FDA won't 'cut corners' to approve a Covid-19 vaccine, commissioner says have 307 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 10, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.