Donald Trump Jr said Monday night ‘this election is church, work and school versus rioting, looting and vandalism’ as he took aim at Joe Biden’s ‘socialism’ on the first night of the Republican National Convention. His girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle, a former Fox News host, went after the Democrat nominee’s ‘comrades who will fundamentally change the nation’ during her rollicking address to the GOP faithful. The Republicans sought to paint Donald Trump as America’s guardian angel against unscrupulous socialist forces who want to overthrow all that the Founding Fathers stood for. The President appeared in two segments, speaking to frontline workers and then to freed hostages and prisoners from overseas during the heavily-produced evening which largely avoided discussion of coronavirus. Organizers rolled out ‘ordinary voters’ who praised Trump for his impact on their lives, including a cancer patient and a recipient of PPP bailout cash as they tried to present a diverse face of the party. There was an emotional Cuban immigrant and black speakers for the event which began with a movie-style voiceover by Jon Voight and ended before 11pm EST. Trump had said last week that he wanted more of his convention to be live than the Democrats’ but just three speeches were -… Read full this story
- Donald Trump talks with famed lawyer Alan Dershowitz at family Christmas dinner at Mar-a-Lago amid reports the he could join the president's impeachment team
- 'On behalf of the entire Trump family we wish everyone a very joyous and Merry Christmas': Donald and Melania offer gratitude to Christians, care givers and service members in holiday video message
- Donald Trump tweets image of himself as ROCKY after boasting that doctor performing his physical had said: 'Show me that gorgeous chest!'
- The top 2020 Democrats make their cases as the Iowa caucuses near
- After slain officers' funerals, protesters and activists resume push Baton Rouge police reform
- Barack Obama has spoken up for Elizabeth Warren to wealthy Democratic donors telling them that if she wins the nomination she is a 'capable' candidate
- When Donald met Kim, Notre Dame in flames and a royal kiss: Pictures of the decade show incredible ups and downs of life around the world since 2010
- Who the Hell Would Vote for Marine Le Pen?
- STATE OF THE NATION: You’ve not met our expectations; Nigerians tell Buhari
- The Passion of Newt Gingrich
Don Jr. says this election is 'church, work and school vs. rioting, looting and vandalism' - while Kimberly Guilfoyle attacks Biden and his 'socialist comrades' who will 'fundamentally change this nation' have 387 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 25, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.