ZDNet Recommends The best VPN services for your home office or any remote connection VPNs aren’t essential only for securing your unencrypted Wi-Fi connections in coffee shops and airports. Every remote worker should consider a VPN to stay safe online. Here are your top choices and how to get set up. Read More At the DEF CON 28 security conference this week, a security researcher has released a new tool that can help the makers of sensitive applications evade censorship and bypass firewalls to keep services up inside problematic areas of the globe.The new tool, named Noctilucent, was developed by Erik Hunstad, Chief Technical Officer at cyber-security firm SixGen.According to Hunstad, Noctilucent comes to fill a role left void by cloud providers like Amazon and Google blocking “domain fronting” on their infrastructure.Hunstad said he used the new TLS 1.3 protocol to revive domain fronting (sort of) as an anti-censorship technique, but in a new format, the researcher calls “domain hiding.”What is domain frontingDomain fronting is a technique that has been made popular by mobile app developers in the 2010s and has been used to allow apps to bypass censorship attempts in oppressive countries. The domain fronting technique allows clients (apps)… Read full this story
- Aotearoa or Aotearoa New Zealand: what’s in a name?
- New Jersey Coronavirus: Gov. Murphy Announces Temporary Ban On Indoor Sports
- Climate change: Why it could be time to cut back on new gadgets and HD streams
- New iPad Pro 2021 looks set to copy the iPhone 12's best new feature
- Fortnite returns from downtime with big changes, and a new chunk of its own story
- A New Real Housewife and Rachel Brosnahan’s Dogs Are Coming to Vulture Festival
- Google is building two new tools to help tackle food waste and hunger
- New teardown brings more smoke to reports of a touchscreen Google Home
- Windows 10 20H2: New build brings this bunch of bug fixes for October 2020 Update
- Three More Die Of COVID-19 At The Actors Fund Home In New Jersey, Bringing Total To 10
DEF CON: New tool brings back 'domain fronting' as 'domain hiding' have 344 words, post on www.zdnet.com at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.