NEW YORK: A one-year-old boy died in hospital after being shot in his stroller at a Brooklyn playground on Sunday (Jul 12). Toddler Davell Gardner Jr was killed and three men were wounded on Sunday after two gunmen opened fire at a family cookout in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn, New York media reported, citing New York police. The three wounded men were expected to survive. New York Mayor Bill de Blasio observed a moment of silence on Monday and declared himself “heartbroken” after the boy’s death. “It’s just horrifying,” de Blasio said at a news conference to discuss the coronavirus. “A baby boy, Davell Gardner Jr, one years old, playing at a playground. Davell was just starting his life and his life was full of possibilities. And now he’s gone.” The sharp rise in shootings in New York, Chicago and other US cities, coming in the midst of the social disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic, runs counter to a 20-year trend towards lower crime. Davell’s shooting was one of 11 incidents in which 16 people in New York were shot over the weekend, WABC television reported. Shootings were up more than 50 per cent this year over 2019 with 585 incidents reported as of… Read full this story
- Bullets fly at crowded Brooklyn playground and 3-year-old boy is caught in the crossfire, shot in the leg
- 11-year-old Brooklyn girl feared paralyzed by stray bullet moves arms in sign of hope
- Brownsville Brooklyn boy, 13, shot in back and killed in street shooting
- 'There were bodies on the ground': Nine shot and wounded after bullets ring out during wild Brooklyn house party
- 'He should not have been on the streets': Tyrone Howard charged with murder in the shooting death of NYPD Officer Randolph Holder
- New York hoops legend Felipe Lopez still an inspiration as mentor to South Bronx youth
1-year-old boy shot at Brooklyn playground, dies in hospital have 303 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at July 14, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.