(CNN)Kristen Stewart is set to play Princess Diana in an upcoming movie that will focus on the late princess’ split from Prince Charles. The film, titled “Spencer,” will reveal how Diana over the course of a weekend realized her marriage was over, reports Deadline. “We decided to get into a story about identity, and around how a woman decides somehow, not to be the queen,” director Pablo Larrain told the publication, adding that he chose Stewart because she is “one of the great actors around today.” “She’s a woman who, in the journey of the movie, decides and realizes that she wants to be the woman she was before she met Charles,” he added. “To do this well, you need something very important in film, which is mystery. “Kristen can be many things, and she can be very mysterious and very fragile an ultimately very strong as well, which is what we need,” he said. “The combination of those elements made me think of her. The way she responded to the script and how she is approaching the character, it’s very beautiful to see. I think she’s going to do something stunning and intriguing at the same time. She is… Read full this story
- Who is James Hewitt, did he have an affair with Princess Diana and is he Prince Harry’s father?
- The Night Manager star Elizabeth Debicki to play Princess Diana in final two series of The Crown
- Princess Diana ‘often vented her rage’ on her staff and Prince Charles, claims biographer
- Kristen Stewart rocks a torn Beach Boys T-Shirt while looking thoughtful on a Sunday errand run in the LA neighborhood of Los Feliz
- Kristen Stewart puts on a leggy display as she catches up with the girls during laid-back dinner date
- Netflix will screen sordid Princess Diana musical after signing Harry & Meghan in £112m deal
- When did Princess Diana die and how old was she?
- Kristen Stewart insists she 'did not f**k' married Snow White director Rupert Sanders during illicit fling while she was dating Robert Pattinson
- Queen and Charles had huge row over his 'surprising move' after Princess Diana's death
- Netflix to screen Princess Diana musical - after signing Meghan Markle and Harry
Kristen Stewart set to play Princess Diana in film detailing her split from Prince Charles have 366 words, post on edition.cnn.com at June 18, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.