The Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world: ___ South Carolina’s highest paid head coaches are taking 10% salary cuts amid the coronavirus pandemic. Football coach Will Muschamp, men’s basketball coach Frank Martin and women’s basketball coach Dawn Staley are taking the cuts. The university also said Tuesday that school president Robert Caslen and athletic director Ray Tanner are among the top-level administrators taking the 10% cut. The school said in a statement it could lose up to $40 million because of the virus this fiscal year ending June 30. Additional and potentially bigger shortfalls could be seen going forward. These cost-cutting measures are expected to save $1.2 million on South Carolina’s bottom line. ___ Boston Mayor Marty Walsh says the city is talking with the organizers of the Boston Marathon about what to do if the coronavirus pandemic hasn’t let up by the race’s proposed new date of Sept. 14. The mayor said on Tuesday that the decision to reschedule the marathon from April to September was made with the hope that the disease “would no longer be a significant public health risk.” While Massachusetts is planning to lift its ban on some… Read full this story
- Where is I-95 Closed in North Carolina, South Carolina? Florence Flooding Closes Interstate Sections
- Where Is I-40 Closed in North Carolina? Florence Flooding Closes Interstate Sections in North and South Carolina
- Pastides retiring as president of the University of South Carolina
- Hurricane Florence Flooding Map: Latest Forecasts, Predictions for North Carolina, South Carolina
- South Carolina, North Carolina Flooding Update: Interstates 95, 40 Re-Opened, Georgetown Along South Carolina Coast Threatened
- Hurricane Florence Flooding Map: Watches, Warnings Issued for North and South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, D.C.
- South Carolina GOP Congressman Joke: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Was Groped by Abraham Lincoln
- South Carolina's OrTre Smith out for season with knee injury
- I-Team Investigation: New laws require safety drills in Georgia and South Carolina schools
- South Carolina shooting suspect posted about loving "the smell of gunpowder" on Facebook
The Latest: Three South Carolina coaches taking salary cuts have 326 words, post on apnews.com at May 19, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.