Speech check The law currently protects media platforms, and it’s going to take a whole lot more than this order to change that. Andrew Martonik 28 May 2020 38 Source: Android Central President Trump’s executive order relating to Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act has now been signed, quickly putting his words into action following a bluster over one of his tweets being “fact checked” this week. The order directs the Commerce Department, Federal Communications Commission and Federal Trade Commission to more critically use and enforce portions of Section 230 to keep social media platforms from moderating content. Section 230 gives social media platforms legal protection from being held responsible for third-party content. The Verge has an excellent explainer on Section 230, particularly with regards to how it relates to social media platforms and other online publishers. (You can also read the full legal definition, if you’re so inclined.) But in extremely simplified terms, Section 230 provides protection for internet platforms that show user-generated content — such as social media sites, video hosts, blogs and news sites. With Section 230 protection, those platforms can host that content without being held individually responsible for whether that content is legal under… Read full this story
- Made in Vietnam social networks no match for overseas giants
- Vietnam plans to create its own Facebook-like social network, say experts
- How is the new VietNamTa social network faring?
- Social networks serving as platform for public trashing in Vietnam
- Social networks serving as platform for public trashing in Vietnam - national university
- VN needs privacy policies to control online social networks
- Social network sites bring societal change
- Social network user guidance urged
- Outstanding teachers become idols on social networks
- Social networking widens spousal divide
Thankfully for everyone, Trump's misguided attack on social networks faces many roadblocks have 285 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at May 28, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.