Speech check The law currently protects media platforms, and it’s going to take a whole lot more than this order to change that. Andrew Martonik 28 May 2020 38 Source: Android Central President Trump’s executive order relating to Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act has now been signed, quickly putting his words into action following a bluster over one of his tweets being “fact checked” this week. The order directs the Commerce Department, Federal Communications Commission and Federal Trade Commission to more critically use and enforce portions of Section 230 to keep social media platforms from moderating content. Section 230 gives social media platforms legal protection from being held responsible for third-party content. The Verge has an excellent explainer on Section 230, particularly with regards to how it relates to social media platforms and other online publishers. (You can also read the full legal definition, if you’re so inclined.) But in extremely simplified terms, Section 230 provides protection for internet platforms that show user-generated content — such as social media sites, video hosts, blogs and news sites. With Section 230 protection, those platforms can host that content without being held individually responsible for whether that content is legal under… Read full this story
- Facebook 'worst' social networking site: Study
- The Social Network Gets Remade About Jeremy Renner's App in Viral Parody Video
- Porn sites get more internet traffic in UK than social networks or shopping
- Why Trump's attacks on judges matter to Barr and the Justice Department
- Robert Reich: Trump Does Want Socialism—But Only For The Rich | Opinion
- Trump again attacks jury forewoman in Stone case
- This Social Network Wants to Pay You (in Crypto) to Do Good
- Blagojevich thanks Trump for commuting sentence and declares himself a 'Trump-ocrat'
- Tucker Carlson: Just as impeachment helped Trump, media attacks are helping Bernie Sanders
- Michael Bloomberg cops battering at Nevada debate as Democrats ignore Donald Trump to attack each other
Thankfully for everyone, Trump's misguided attack on social networks faces many roadblocks have 316 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at May 28, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.