The Resistance Front (TRF), a new terror group that has taken responsibility for major attacks and gunfights in Jammu & Kashmir over the past few weeks, is controlled by three top handlers of the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) in Pakistan, according to an intelligence report submitted to national security planners in New Delhi.The idea behind TRF is to give terror in Kashmir an indigenous face, while also warding off international pressure on Pakistan, particularly from anti-terror financing watchdog Financial Action Task Force (FATF) that is keeping a close watch on Islamabad’s activities, the report added.Security officials aware of the matter said that TRF was launched late last year after Parliament nullified Jammu & Kashmir’s special status on August 5, and divided the state into two centrally administered Union territories — Ladakh and Jammu & Kashmir.Attempts to put an India label on terror activities, one of the security officials cited above said, are reflected in the names Pakistani’s spy agency Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) has picked for new groups — such as TRF or the low-key JK Pir Panjal Peace Forum. These names don’t have a religious label, but suggest that they are India-bred, the official said on condition… Read full this story
- New outfit with suspected LeT link comes under scanner
- Fighting terror from Mumbai to Paris
- Pakistan court adjourns hearing against Hafiz Saeed in terror financing cases for indefinite period in wake of coronavirus
- New York ‘Least Manly’ City in America?
- The coronavirus inflicts its own kind of terror, changing our idea of life, and security
- Were New Zealand always this cuddly?
- How the New York
- 'Doctor Who': First Photo From New Year's Day Special Released
- Coronavirus Update: Cuomo Says ‘Worst Is Over’ As New York Hits 10,000 COVID-19 Deaths
- Coronavirus | New York deaths exceeds 4,000, topping toll for 9/11 attacks
New J&K terror outfit run by LeT brass: Intel have 294 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 8, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.