coronavirus restrictions and paves the way for U.S. car giants to ramp up output dependent on parts made south of the border.In a presentation, the government said as of Monday, mining, construction and manufacturing of transport equipment will be considered essential activities and that companies must implement strict protocols to protect their workers.”We now have the light which tells us we’re going to get out of the tunnel,” President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said alongside top officials at a news conference in which the government set out its plans.Lopez Obrador stressed that adoption of the measures would be voluntary. Some states may move faster than others during the reboot of the auto sector, though industry leaders are eager for supply chains to reconnect as seamlessly as possible.A government memo dated Wednesday, based on media reports, showed that state governments diverged considerably in their guidance on how quickly they would restart activities.The United States and auto companies have pressed Mexico to reopen factories serving the U.S. market, despite the intensifying challenge posed by the pandemic. Mexico on Tuesday registered 353 coronavirus deaths, its most lethal day yet.Mexico sends 80% of its exports to the United States and became its biggest trade… Read full this story
- #MeToo Mexico stirs the cultural industry
- Merkel calls for hands-off approach to German auto industry
- Cars that have revolutionised the global auto industry
- O’Rourke Just Gave The Green Light For Millions Of New Hunt Clubs
- Forget the iCar. Porsche gives Apple a first-class ticket to the auto industry
- International Motor Show 2019: It's all so green here!
- German auto companies put rivalries aside to take on tech giants
- Wall Street slumps over Trump's Mexico tariffs
- US and Mexico agree on NAFTA revamp, Canada 'encouraged'
- VW calls crisis meeting to discuss EU cartel inquiry, source says
Mexico green lights auto industry restart, heeding US calls have 298 words, post on auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com at May 15, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.