(CNN)Sure, there might not be a magic spell to make the boredom of quarantine go away, but who needs that when you can listen to the first “Harry Potter” book being read by none other than Harry Potter himself? Daniel Radcliffe, who famously portrayed the bespectacled wizard in all eight movies, is one of several celebrities who are reading “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” to keep us entertained while staying at home due to the coronavirus pandemic. Radcliffe, 30, kicked off “The Sorcerer’s Stone,” also known as “The Philosopher’s Stone” outside the US, by reading the first chapter titled “The Boy Who Lived.” “Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much,” Radcliffe read from his couch in a video released Tuesday. The remaining 16 chapters will be read by other stars from the Wizarding World, including Claudia Kim and Eddie Redmayne from “Fantastic Beasts” and Noma Dumezweni, who played Hermione Granger in the Broadway show “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.” Surprise! We’ve got a treat for you…From today, amazing friends of the Wizarding World are going to take turns reading Harry Potter book one.#HarryPotterAtHomehttps://t.co/w9K77akbou… Read full this story
- Does Daniel Radcliffe Think He'll Return as Harry Potter in a Fantastic Beasts Movie?
- Daniel Radcliffe opens up on why he is averse to returning as Harry Potter
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Whether He Would Return to 'Harry Potter' Franchise
- Daniel Radcliffe is still not sure about watching the Harry Potter play
- Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts Stars Return to Narrate New Audiobook
- Daniel Radcliffe is open to returning as Harry Potter. You’re welcome
- 'Harry Potter' Star Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Never-Before-Seen Photos of Him at Age 13 in a Gryffindor Shirt, and Fans Want More
- Daniel Radcliffe on ‘Escape From Pretoria’ and Why He Won’t Play Harry Potter Again
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals Why He'll Likely Never Return to Harry Potter
- Daniel Radcliffe is not in ‘rush’ to play Harry Potter again in Fantastic Beasts movies: ‘I like what my life is now’
Daniel Radcliffe and other top stars are reading 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' have 348 words, post on edition.cnn.com at May 5, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.