Zoho’s chief strategy officer Vijay Sundaram is a firm believer that business growth should not come at the cost of customer privacy.”20 years ago, we made a decision: We will never have a model that makes revenue out of advertising,” he told ZDNet. “What that means is that slows down your growth because you have obvious ways to add an additional revenue stream … but what that winds up doing is something that lasts over a longer period of time.”According to Sundaram, the exponential growth it can potentially offer could also result in conflicting models.”You see a lot of technology companies today, and it’s not just the Googles of the world, or the Facebook’s of the world, and many technology companies, including Amazon and Microsoft and others that have an advertising model, however big or small it is,” he said. “There is a fundamental conflict in that model because ad revenue and privacy are fundamentally at loggerheads — in a sense as the oil and water business — they just don’t mix.”See also: Zoho hits 50 million business users, launches WorkDrive Sundaram said that while there are advantages to driving ad revenue, it would loosen privacy requirements as there’s a fundamental… Read full this story
- Morecambe man sentenced for role in exploiting and selling customer data
- How McDonald's customers are avoiding its new paper straws
- How McDonald's customers are avoiding new paper straws
- EAEU, China may sign agreement to exchange customs data in 2019
- Around 5,000 Vodafone customers hit by technical problem
- Thousands of Vodafone customers' messages sent to other numbers in technical glitch
- Irish office workers admit leaving passwords on post-its and sharing data from an old job
- Nokia in damage-control mode following Chinese data-leak probe
- Amazon customer ratings undermined by ‘fake’ five-star reviews – Which?
- Apple Builds First N China Data Centre in Line With Country’s New Telecom Rules
Zoho on collecting customer data and avoiding the cookies trap have 318 words, post on www.zdnet.com at April 1, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.