Vaccine manufacturer Indian Immunologicals Ltd (IIL) has entered into a research collaboration agreement with Australia’s Griffith University to develop a lead vaccine candidate for Coronavirus.As part of the cross-continental collaboration, scientists from IIL and the University will develop a ‘Live Attenuated SARS – CoV-2 vaccine’ or COVID-19 vaccine using the latest codon de-optimization technology.Promising technology“The technology looks promising for developing a vaccine for prophylactic, active, single dose immunization against coronavirus in humans, with an enhanced safety profile. The vaccine is expected to provide long-lasting protection with a single dose administration with an anticipated safety profile similar to other licensed vaccines for active immunization,” a release from IIL on Tuesday said.On completion of the research, the vaccine strain will be transferred to IIL and the vaccine maker will work accordingly with the country’s regulator CDSCO (The Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation) to further conduct clinical trials which will be taken up in a phased manner. IIL intends to use its existing Vero cell platform technology for mass production of the vaccine.IIL Managing Director K. Anand Kumar said IIL has taken up this initiative to develop a vaccine candidate for the pandemic. Deputy Managing Director Prasanna Deshpande said: “After evaluating various options… Read full this story
- Rohit Sharma's Daughter Samaira's Cute Smile Lights Up Social Media. Watch
- Study: One in nine MMOG players addicted
- How a quadriplegic ex-wrestler reached Gold in League of Legends
- Fantasy And Reality: Can Gamers Tell?
- Ranking the 25 live-action comic book movies of the ’90s
- Poll: Majority of Americans name Obama the best president in their lifetime
- Loot Boxes ‘Akin to Gambling,’ According to New Australian Investigation
- Games2Win founder Alok Kejriwal learnt valuable lessons from Warner Bros and ‘Joker’
- How Resident Evil 2 fell apart, then became one of Capcom’s biggest hits
- Further Thoughts On Pillars Of Eternity: Animancy & Faith
Indian Immunologicals and Australia’s Griffith University tie-up for COVID-19 vaccine research have 303 words, post on www.thehindu.com at April 7, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.