Terror attacks could soar because of the Covid -19 pandemic, experts fear. Islamic State is resurging in Syria and Iraq because of Coronavirus and the Taliban-US peace deal is at “breaking point.” Counter terror officers believe far-right extremists in the west could also plot mayhem, spreading fear and conspiracy theories about the origins of Coronavirus. In Syria Islamic State is resurgent as a humanitarian crisis is stretching security forces who have fought to smash the extremists. Medical equipment has been sent to Kurdish-led forces guarding more than 10,000 prisoners including dozens of Brits and other militants from Europe. And camps housing thousands of ISIS-related refugees are at bursting point, with leaders using terrible conditions to radicalise new young recruits to the death cult. It comes amid fears the jailed terrorists could launch mass break outs and plot revenge attacks locally and all the way to the UK. Intelligence officers also believe ISIS is boosting recruitment in the region by cashing in on the breakdown of security in both Syria and Iraq. The Taliban claim a peace deal with the US is nearing breaking point, amid fears the spread of the virus had diverted Washington’s attention from Afghanistan. This could free… Read full this story
- Is ISIS finished? When will Islamic State be defeated?
- Opinion: The Middle East faces huge environmental issues but newsrooms aren't taking them seriously
- 'You feel really helpless,' Londoner says about terror attack
- Islam Convert Kills 4 in Knife Attack at Paris Police HQ
- From attack near U.K. Parliament to Brussels: Most recent terror attacks in Europe
- Trump quickly seizes on New York terror attack to promote immigration changes
- Airstrikes on Islamic State killed more than 10,000 militants in Iraq and Syria: Pentagon
- Iran threatens to strike U.S. troops in Middle East if IRGC designated
- What if Iran gets a working nuclear weapon? How Middle East crisis would hit U.S.
- The bigger Middle East war: It's moderate Arabs against radical Islamists
Coronavirus crisis is boosting Islamic State in Middle East sparking terror attack fears have 331 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at April 7, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.