REUTERS: Twitter Inc said on Monday that it will name three new directors to its board in an agreement with activist investor Elliott Management and private equity firm Silver Lake. Elliott’s head of U.S. activism, Jesse Cohn, and Silver Lake’s co-chief executive officer Egon Durban, will join the social media site’s board immediately and the company plans to appoint a third new director soon. Noticeably, the agreement appears to be leaving Jack Dorsey, Twitter’s chief executive, in place even after Elliott, which has a roughly US$1 billion stake in Twitter, had pushed for his ouster. “While our CEO structure is unique, so is Jack and so is this company,” Twitter’s lead independent director Patrick Pichette said in a statement. Silver Lake will invest US$1 billion in Twitter which the company said it would use to help fund a US$2 billion share repurchase program. Twitter’s stock price fell 1.4per cent to US$32.97 in early trading as the broader market was slumping amid fresh fears about the spread of the coronavirus and how it will impact global growth. Earlier this year Elliott, which is one of the industry’s most active investors with more than US$40 billion in assets under management, nominated four… Read full this story
- Tesla stock surges after carmaker adds Larry Ellison to its board
- Sophia Genetics gets $77m in funding as Mike Lynch exits board post
- Cork Events Centre: Will it still be on with the show or back again to the drawing board?
- Barclays activist investor planning to make board changes
- 'Too many' S4C investments were 'risky'
- ‘Where’s our seats gone?’ – British family on TUI flight back from Spain forced to sit on floor of overbooked plane
- Worcester Warriors: Morecambe FC owners join board as chairman Bill Bolsover steps down
- Italy says five countries have agreed to take migrants stranded on rescue boat off Sicily
- Alphabet's smart contact lens company Verily raises $1bn
- Labour Party split: Seven MPs quit to form 'Independent Group' and as Tom Watson warns others will follow
Twitter, Elliott agree on board seats, Silver Lake investment have 336 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at March 9, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.