By Nicole Drum – March 18, 2020 06:13 pm EDT Share 0 Comments 0 The New Mutants may be a movie with one of the most complicated roads to release ever and it’s one that isn’t likely to become less complicated anytime soon thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, but that doesn’t mean the director of the film is particularly concerned about how the film will be received once it finally arrives for audience consumption. Josh Boone told Empire that he didn’t really feel a lot of pressure about the film — especially with it being the first X-Men movie after the lackluster Dark Phoenix.”Look, you can only go up after Dark Phoenix,” Boone told Empire (via Digital Spy). “That’s not to say anything bad about the people involved, but it was what it was. Honestly, I feel less pressure now that I did ahead of [the first stated release date]. Because we’ve tested our movie so many times, and audiences have loved it.”Boone may have a point when it comes to his comment about the only way to go us up following Dark Phoenix. Released in June 2019, Dark Phoenix had a dismal performance at the box office, bringing in… Read full this story
- ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ recruits Oscar nominee as a villain, also finds a director
- James McAvoy posts ominous video ahead of ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ production
- Could Taylor Swift bring Dazzler to life in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix'?
- X-Men spinoff movie The New Mutants will have a 'young-adult vibe,' says producer
- Meet all the new mutants in the explosive first trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse
- Bryan Singer confirmed as director of X-Men: Apocalypse
- ‘The New Mutants’ to be the first in a trilogy of superhero-themed horror movies
- Deadpool 2 trailer shows off Cable, takes shots at Justice League’s mustache fiasco
- Mortal Kombat: Legacy director takes on The Guns of Christmas Past
- 'Sausage Party' director takes on new animated version of 'The Jetsons'
The New Mutants Director Takes Shot at X-Men: Dark Phoenix have 316 words, post on comicbook.com at March 18, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.