5th Update Sunday AM Final w/chart: Moviegoers didn’t have a problem finding Universal-Blumhouse’s The Invisible Man on Saturday, with the Leigh Whannell movie racking up $11.1M, a 12% surge over Friday’s $9.9M for a weekend that the studio is calling at $29M (some rival estimates have it in the low $28M range). Even more commendable: if you back out those $1.65M Thursday night previews from Friday’s number (which is $8.25M), business for Invisible Man actually shot up +35% on Saturday. No, Invisible Man did not play like a front-loaded horror movie. Rather, it was more a thriller (i.e. Universal/Amblin’s Girl on the Train saw a Friday-to-Saturday uptick of +3% on its way to a $24.5M opening weekend). The Saturday bounce for Invisible Man isn’t that far from Split‘s +13% and is in the same teen percentile orbit as Get Out (+17%). Another big indicator that buzz caught on for Invisible Man is in the PostTrak stat that 79% of ticket buyers bought their tickets on Saturday vs. 7% in the past week. Fifty-eight percent of Invisible Man‘s moviegoers bought tickets at the theater versus 38% online. Of those who watched Invisible Man, 52% said they’ll definitely recommend the movie to their friends, while 41% said they’ll probably recommend it. Strong exits. Related… Read full this story
- Blumhouse's Upgrade TV Show Is Happening with Original Director Leigh Whannell
- How Miramax & Blumhouse Brought ‘Halloween’ Back From The Dead
- Man Utd news LIVE: Pogba ‘on verge of Juventus transfer’, Sancho pursuit LATEST, Euro finals ‘in August’
- Video reveals custom carts for Tiger/Manning vs. Mickelson/Brady
- 'I can't see him anywhere!' MasterChef appears to suffer ANOTHER editing fail as viewers are quick to notice Reynold Poernomo MISSING from final scenes
- Chilling final moments before innocent 19-year-old law student was shot and killed 'by stray bullet from drive-by gunman who was aiming at carwash'
- American Idol: Just Sam wins season 18 during remote finale featuring performance by Katy Perry
- One-man army LeBron James is playing a different game than the rest of the NBA
- 12pm Man Utd news LIVE: Sancho ‘overweight’ in Dortmund defeat, Ighalo ‘very close’ to agreeing stay, Torres bid
- Is Britain REALLY the sick man of Europe? We've had the most deaths but figures reveal there's more to the story than meets the eye
How ‘The Invisible Man’ Made A $29M Appearance For Universal & Blumhouse – Sunday Final have 379 words, post on deadline.com at March 1, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.