Email By Andree Withey and Jess Rendall Updated March 14, 2020 15:13:45 Photo: The ABC has spoken to several other senior doctors who all agree with Dr Ware’s concerns. (ABC) Related Story: Cleaners in full protective gear scrub offices visited by Peter Dutton after coronavirus diagnosis Related Story: Festivals and sporting events cancelled amid coronavirus fears Related Story: Coronavirus will infect up to one in four Queenslanders in the next six months, chief health officer warns Map: Brisbane 4000 A senior Queensland doctor is concerned the state’s hospital system is not equipped to handle the peak of a coronavirus outbreak. Key points:Several other senior doctors in the public health system all agree with Dr Frances Ware’s concernsDr Ware says she is confused as to why tougher measures are not being deployed to stop the spread of the virusA Queensland Health spokesman says it stood by the planning and organisation ahead further cases in the state Francis Ware, a senior anaesthetist at the Queensland Children’s Hospital in Brisbane, has called for people to take initiative and start social distancing now, rather than wait for the official advice from the Government.There are now 36 confirmed cases in Queensland, including federal Home Affairs… Read full this story
- Married senior NHS doctor, 54, 'had affairs with two patients he treated in A&E including one he complimented on her 'big breasts' as she lay in her hospital bed'
- Rape Survivor, Set Ablaze in UP's Unnao a Day Ago, Critical; Doctors Say Her Vitals Are 'Very Low'
- Pregnant in heels: Khloe Kardashian signs up to the stiletto sisterhood but which star’s doctor says “NO”?
- My doctor says I'm not fit to work: My Wigan Pier Story
- After 'Spice' Synthetic Pot Death, Doctors Say Rat Poison May Be To Blame
- Ketamine could help thousands with severe depression, doctors say
- Girl, 13, gets lead stuck in her EYE after a classmate threw a pencil at her as doctors say it was just millimetres away from blinding her
- Assault on woman in sex toys shop: Video doctored, says Senator Abbo
- Senior Russian Lawmaker Says Russian Delegation May Attend PACE Session in June
- Lawsuit alleges sixth death linked to Pittsburgh hospital mold outbreak
Hospitals won't cope with escalating coronavirus outbreak, senior Queensland doctor says have 368 words, post on www.abc.net.au at March 14, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.