For every bored celebrity putting out a heartfelt or, um, hilarious home-alone video during lockdown, there’s another star doing something to help.Dozens of famous faces are donating to good causes as the coronavirus pandemic grows.Here’s how celebrities have been supporting charities and fundraising efforts.Angelina JolieThe Hollywood actress and humanitarian has donated $1m (£843,000) to fight child hunger during the outbreak of COVID-19, the disease caused by coronavirus. Advertisement She has donated the cash to No Kid Hungry, which will provide meals for children from low-income families across the US while schools are closed.Jolie, 44, said: “As of this week, over a billion children are out of school worldwide because of closures linked to coronavirus.”Many children depend on the care and nutrition they receive during school hours, including nearly 22 million children in America who rely on food support.”No Kid Hungry is making resolute efforts to reach as many of those children as possible.” RihannaThe singer’s Clara Lionel Foundation (CLF) has donated $5m (£4.2m) towards organisations in the US and around the world.Funds will go towards food banks in America, protective equipment for frontline health workers, research to develop a vaccine, and work to accelerate testing and care in countries such… Read full this story
- Albany Story: Drinks to Go, the Pandemic and Lobbyists
- How New Yorkers Found Resolve After 6 Months of Pandemic Hardship
- Mental health in a time of pandemic: The invisible suffering
- Pandemic helps Bulacan plant nurseries, gardens grow into P1-B industry
- Member For A Day: The Pandemic-Born Platform That’s Changing Golf Charity Fundraising
- They Found a Way to Get Married
- The Met Opera Never Missed a Curtain. It Hopes Audiences Rebound.
- Migrant Worker’s Tale of Inequality Grips China, Then Is Erased
- Who is Rihanna? The woman who set the international ball rolling on farmers' protest with a tweet
- Stakeholder Capitalism Gets a Report Card. It’s Not Good.
Coronavirus: The celebrities donating millions to help during pandemic have 312 words, post on news.sky.com at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.