Victoria’s major attractions will go into lockdown from Monday as the state takes drastic action to stop the spread of the deadly coronavirus. World-renowned sites such as the National Gallery, Melbourne Museums, State Library, Scienceworks and arts centres across the state will close their doors from Monday with many not flagging when they will re-open. It comes as travellers arriving from overseas will face a mandatory self-isolation period of two weeks as Australia ramps up its measures to tackle the spread of COVID-19. Every person who arrives by plane will be told to quarantine, and cruise ships travelling from foreign ports will not be allowed to dock for 30 days. The State Library of Victoria will close as of Monday. Picture: AAPSource:AAP Prime Minister Scott Morrison is urging Australians to leave space between them and others if they are unwell. “You are (to stay) about 1.5 metres away. Ensuring that you refrain from that sort of physical contact, whether it might be a handshake or something a bit more intimate,” Mr Morrison said. It is understood Victorian state government members including Premier Daniel Andrews will be making further announcements on Monday morning, flagging more unprecedented measures. It comes as two… Read full this story
- Comments for : Nike's new cases for the Apple iPhone 7 protect your handset while giving the device some "sole"
- Comments for : Spigen shows off Apple iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus renders with its new cases
- Comments for : Check out new case-wearing renders of the LG G6 and Samsung Galaxy S8
- Singularity Computers’ Spectre Case Has A Water Cooling Distribution Plate
- Protect Your Nintendo Switch With These Awesome Cases
- Supreme Court of Victoria eyes virtual courtrooms
- San Francisco's housing crisis is so dire that nearly 7,000 people applied for 95 affordable apartments
- Comments for : UPDATED:Apple press conference: 3 million iPhone 4's sold and free cases for all
- New Hampshire governor didn't want his state used by Trump as a prop in fight against opioids
- New York City Mayor Set to Open ‘Safe Drug Shooting Centers’ to Combat Opioid Crisis
Coronavirus crisis: Eight new cases of COVID-19 in Victoria have 330 words, post on www.news.com.au at March 15, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.