It’s spring break season — and if you’re the kind of person who sees a week off as a week to read, then we’ve got you covered. BuzzFeed Books talked to some of our favorite independent bookstores and asked for their staff recommendations. 1. Palabras Bilingual Bookstore (Phoenix) recommends The Grief Keeper by Alexandra Villasante “The Grief Keeper is a gorgeously written and thought-provoking story about two sisters, Marisol and Gabi, who flee their country to escape death threats. Waiting for asylum that will most likely be denied, Marisol jumps at an opportunity in the form of an experiment in which she carries the grief of another — the sci-fi element of the story, though I wouldn’t call the book sci-fi. This book touches on so many important topics and does it so seamlessly — the anti-immigration sentiment so prevalent today, the thoughtless exploitation of brown bodies, the ways in which society negatively effects the psyches of those who do not fit the heterosexual ‘norm’. It’s not an easy read. It breaks your heart (and could be triggering for some) but the heart of these characters puts you back together again and leaves you with hope. This book is a… Read full this story
- Leicester City change travel plans for Cardiff City clash
- Cheryl and ex Liam Payne ‘to be kept apart by X Factor bosses’ as they are both ‘booked to sing break-up songs’ on live shows
- What to do if you've booked a holiday to Lapland as little snow is forecast
- When it pays to buy travel insurance and when you should pass
- How Christmas travellers could swap booked rail tickets for cheaper fares
- 8 travel trends to know in 2019
- Holiday cottages in Wales you should book for your next trip
- Diwali travel bookings see up to 12% increase
- Cheap alternative flights to Cobalt destinations as airline cancels all flights
- Is it safe to travel while pregnant?
44 Books To Read Over Spring Break If Your Travel Plans Are Canceled have 311 words, post on www.buzzfeednews.com at March 11, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.