Fresh meat. That’s what Tyson Fury’s trainer SugarHill Steward thought when he first walked into the fabled Kronk gym in Detroit 10 years ago. Yet within days, this towering Brit, whose big personality was matched only by his talent, had beaten up everyone in sparring and won the respect of even the most-grizzled veterans in the gym. Fury arrived in June 2010, aged 21, at the invitation of the Kronk’s legendary trainer Manny Steward, having just defeated John McDermott again to reclaim the English heavyweight title and extend his record to 11-0. SugarHill was assisting his uncle Manny back then and will never forget his first sight of the undefeated lineal heavyweight world champion. “I remember this tall guy, with a head full of dark hair, like a lion’s mane, walking into the gym and all I heard was fresh meat,” he said. “Someone in the gym always said fresh meat when someone new came into the gym and Tyson Fury was fresh meat when he walked into the Kronk. “It didn’t last long because he was the biggest guy in the gym. “He would have been chewed up and spat out if he hadn’t been good enough, but boy… Read full this story
- Comments for : The first public beta of Android was released 10 years ago, here is what it looked like
- 6 great smartphones from 10 years ago (2018 edition)
- Comments for : 6 great smartphones from 10 years ago (2018 edition)
- Celebrating 10 years at VentureBeat
- The original Apple iPhone was unveiled by Steve Jobs exactly 9 years ago, relive the iconic keynote here
- Comments for : The original Apple iPhone was unveiled by Steve Jobs exactly 9 years ago, relive the iconic keynote here
- A year ago, you probably thought Mark Zuckerberg was running for president
- 10 Years Later—Will Project Delays Stop Faster Technology Innovation?
- Dogs lived and died with humans 10,000 years ago in the Americas
- Sacrificed Kids Had Hearts Ripped Out 550 Years Ago
Tyson Fury's new trainer opens up on first meeting with Gypsy King 10 years ago have 315 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 16, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.