JOLIET, IL — A 32-year-old Channahon woman remains in the Will County Jail nearly a week after being arrested by Joliet Police officers in connection with a shoplifting incident at the Louis Joliet Mall’s JCPenney store. The Will County State’s Attorney’s Office of Jim Glasgow has charged Leigh Ann Bowers with felony retail theft. The complaint indicates that on Feb. 19 Bowers stole at least 60 items of merchandise, “primarily clothing, the full retail value of which exceeds $300.” Bowers was delivered to the Will County Jail on the same night of the crime, jail logs show, and she remained in county detention on Feb. 25, unable to post 10 percent of her $23,000 bail. According to court records, Bowers was ordered by a Will County judge to have no further contact with the Joliet JCPenney store while her criminal case is pending in court.Subscribe
- 2 wounded in after-hours shooting outside St. Louis museum
- Moonrise Hotel: A Themed Boutique Hotel in St Louis, Missouri
- Woodfield Mall Celebrates Simon Beauty Week
- Trump Says He Should Have Left UCLA Players in Jail Until Next China Visit: ‘Very Ungrateful!’
- Trump Wishes He Had Left UCLA Players in Jail Until His Next China Visit: ‘Very Ungrateful!’
- 5 Reasons To Visit Mauritius
- Why Doesn’t The Media Care That Rep. Keith Ellison Still Has a Relationship With Louis Farrakhan?
- 30 Must Visit Tourist Spots in the Philippines
- Nordstrom's sales at MacArthur Center plunged more than 25 percent last year
- In May 1968, the Cannes Film Festival ground to a halt. Fifty years later, it’s still sparking controversy
Shoplifting Defendant Can't Visit JCPenney At Louis Mall have 249 words, post on patch.com at February 25, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.