What are your expectations on returns from Indian markets in 2020? The returns would be in line with earnings growth of 15-20%. Should this global backdrop of economic stability or economic growth continue, which is kind of what is happening, outside this coronavirus, I think these returns of 15-20% are clearly possible. What we are seeing is the divergence of returns; that probably some of these expensive and defensive names where investors are hiding may be flat to down for the year by December, and the other names where people are underexposed to — some of the banks, PSUs, cyclicals, etc., — may do well for the year. There was a lot of renewed interest in the Indian market in the beginning of the year. Do you think this will sustain? What we saw in the months of December-January was any stock and every stock, irrespective of the quality and business, moved; and this was not only in India. But it’s not really a V-shape recovery. It’s going to be a long drawn-out recovery, which is where good-quality businesses, which are trading below the fair value, offer upside. But it is not really fair to say that to each and… Read full this story
- Will these mutual funds help us to create Rs 3 crore in 20 years?
- Healthcare sector revenue likely to slip by 15-20% in FY21: Icra
- COLUMN-Markets' return to doldrums set to summon more fiscal firepower: Mike Dolan
- This is the most expensive time to buy stocks in 20 years
- Market recovery likely to be restricted to largecap stocks: Kunj Bansal
- Do not ignore fixed income and don’t be very negative on equity: Gurmeet Chadha
- MF flow trends to dictate market dynamics: Sameer Narayan
- Investors lapping up consumer, insurance, pharma & telecom stocks due to earnings certainty: ASK Investment
- Go for asset allocation with an equity bias amid this fog of pandemic
- Brute force of money lifts Buffett indicator to 6-year high: Should you worry?
Markets may return 15-20% this year in line with earnings growth: Rahul Chadha, Mirae Asset have 316 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at February 17, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.