India and the US on Tuesday inked three MoUs, including one in energy sector, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi asserted that the two countries have decided to take Indo-US ties to comprehensive global partnership level. The unprecedented and historic welcome given to Trump in India will be remembered, Modi said and added that the relations between the two countries are not merely confined to governments but are people-driven. “Defence cooperation between two countries is reflective of rising strategic partnership between India and US. We also agreed on new mechanism to contain drug trafficking” the Prime Minister said. In his brief remarks at the start of official talks, Modi welcomed the US president and thanked him for taking time out for the visit to India. President Trump, in turn, said the last two days in India were amazing, especially the event at the Motera stadium in Ahmedabad. “It was a great honour for me. I would imagine they (the people) were there maybe more for you than for me… 125,000 people were inside. Every time I mentioned your name, there were cheers. People love you,” Trump told Modi in front of the media. Earlier, Trump was accorded a ceremonial welcome at… Read full this story
- Vietnam, India enjoys vigorous growth of comprehensive strategic partnership
- Vietnam treasures partnership with Russia: top leaders
- Parliamentary cooperation – important pillar of Vietnam-Russia ties
- Deputy Foreign Minister visits Singapore, India
- Senate Set To Approve The Trans-Pacific Partnership, But What Exactly Is It?
- Countering Global Protectionism, Pacific Trade Pact Nears Takeoff
- Southeast Asia seeks Russia cybersecurity pact, South China Sea code of conduct
- Narendra Modi-Barack Obama Meeting: Climate Change, Defense Ties To Figure In Talks
- China, Argentina eye new era of partnership
- EU's Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement: This Week in European Parliament – August 31, 2016
India and US ink 3 pacts; decide to take ties to comprehensive global partnership have 287 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at February 25, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.