A 73-year-old Vietnamese-American patient, who had been diagnosed with COVID-19, was discharged from the Hospital for Tropical Diseases in HCM City yesterday (Friday, Feb 21) following nearly three weeks of treatment. — VNA/VNS Photo HCM CITY— An American national who tested positive for COVID-19 and was treated at the Hospital for Tropical Diseases in HCM City was discharged on Friday from the hospital after nearly three weeks of treatment. Nguyễn Văn Vĩnh Châu, the hospital’s director, said that the hospital had complied with the Ministry of Health’s treatment protocols. The 73-year-old Vietnamese-American patient had a number of underlying health conditions, making treatment more difficult. The man was under severe stress initially but warm care and dedicated treatment from the hospital’s doctors and nurses have helped him “regain his spirit,” he said during an interview with the media. “A patient’s psychological state is a decisive element that can lead to successful treatment,” Vĩnh Châu said. According to the Ministry of Health, the man arrived at the city’s Tân Sơn Nhất Airport on a China Southern Airlines flight from the US to Việt Nam on January 15 after having a two-hour transit in Wuhan, China. He stayed at a hotel in District 3. On January 26, he started feeling ill, with severe coughing and breathing difficulties and was brought to… Read full this story
- HCM City’s investment stimulus programme yields solid results
- HCM City urges better services for patients’ families
- Echocardiography Training Centre opens in HCM City
- Cancer professor travels far to help patients
- L.A. has cracked down hard on hospitals dumping homeless patients. Is Sacramento next?
- Dugdale says NHS Lothian in ‘crisis’ over delayed discharge rise
- As surgery centers boom, patients are paying with their lives
- Hospital Infections in Stroke Patients Raise Other Risks
- California legislators fast-track bill to ensure patients get pain medications
- As Kaiser strike ends, therapists say they hope behavioral health patients will benefit
HCM City patient with COVID-19 discharged from hospitall have 321 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 21, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.