Best Heavy-Duty Cases for Galaxy S20 Android Central 2020
The Galaxy S20 is a beautiful and expensive phone that you’ll want to show off without a case — until a drop causes some unsightly scratches. But a heavy-duty case doesn’t have to be unwieldy and bulky. We’ve rounded up the best heavy-duty case options that still let you show off your new phone.
- A clear winner: Ringke Fusion X
- Feather-light and rugged: UAG Plasma Series
- Inspired by nature: Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro
- Rough and Tumble: ArmadilloTek Vanguard Series
- Trusted brand: OtterBox Symmetry Series
- Sleek protection: Spigen Tough Armor
This rugged clear case from Ringke is the perfect solution for folks who hate how cases cover up the design of the phone. You get a rugged bumper that protects where it matters most with a clear PC backplate to show off your new phone.
Urban Armor Gear makes some of the finest heavy-duty cases you can buy. Plasma Series cases are lightweight with grippy elements and the semi-transparent backplate nicely accentuates the color of the S20.
A perennial favorite, the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle case is a heavy-duty case that offers top-notch protection. The design includes a front bezel that guards the screen without covering up the screen, and you also get an optional swiveling belt-clip holster.
This Made-in-Texas case is another great heavy-duty option for your Galaxy S20. The rugged design includes a front plate bezel to protect the display and a fold-out kickstand for your convenience.
The name OtterBox is pretty much synonymous with heavy-duty cases, and the Symmetry Series is the more pocket-friendly style that still offers dependable protection. I’ve highlighted the clear case here, but there are other colors available.
Serious protection for a serious phone
Protecting your Galaxy S20 with a heavy-duty case doesn’t have to mean covering up its beauty in rubber and plastic. Several heavy-duty case styles let the design of the Galaxy S20 shine through.
Take our top recommendation, the Ringke Fusion X, which offers an excellent blend of functionality and form. The crystal clear backplate is bordered by a rugged TPU bumper that’s grippy and stylish. It’s also the best value you’ll find for a heavy-duty case of this quality.
I’d also recommend the Otterbox Symmetry Series clear case, that pops on easily and lets your S20’s colors shine through. It’s an ideal protection solution for anyone eager to show off their new S20.
If none of these cases suit your fancy, there are plenty of other cases available. Since this is a new phone, new cases will surely be added over the upcoming months.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
These are the best Galaxy Note 10 cases on the market!
The Galaxy Note 10 is a stunning, powerful, and shatter-prone smartphone. Keep it safe with one of these excellent cases!
Protect your Galaxy Note 10+ with these great cases
The Galaxy Note 10+ is a whole lot of power and premium design in your hand, and while you may want to show off its beautiful gradient back to the world, this phone needs a case. Get a good one to protect your Note 10+.
The best Galaxy S20 Ultra Cases go beyond to protect your phone
Whether its clear and thin or big and functional, you absolutely need a case on your Galaxy S20 Ultra, and these are the best ones to spend your hard-earned money on.
Marc Lagace is the Apps and Games Editor at Android Central. He’s been a gamer for most of his life and actually took a university course on Video Game Theory — which he aced! You can reach out to him on Twitter @spacelagace.
- Best Heavy Duty Cases for Galaxy S8 in 2020
- Best Heavy Duty Cases for Galaxy Note 8 in 2020
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra will have 108MP main camera and 16GB of RAM, says leak
- New rumor says all three Galaxy S20 models will come with 12GB of RAM
- Samsung Galaxy S20 aka Galaxy S11: Serious camera upgrade expected in the new flagship
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G Live Images Reveal Infinity-O Display, Quad-Camera Setup
- Samsung just confirmed a key detail about its Galaxy S20, Galaxy Fold 2 smartphones
- Samsung Unpacked 2020: Galaxy S11 aka Galaxy S20 launch date revealed
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus leaked images confirm the name, quad-rear camera setup
- Samsung Galaxy S20 series to sport 120Hz display