For the camera, it was suggested that Samsung is going to make use of its own 108MP. But a fresh tweet by popular tipster Ice Universe has claimed that both the Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20 Plus will feature a new 12MP with 1.8μm sensor.
S20 and S20 + will use the new 12MP 1.8μm sensor, which is also worth looking forward to.
— Ice universe (@UniverseIce) 1578737031000
Samsung right now offers 1.4μm pixel size in the Galaxy Note 10 Plus, therefore — even though Samsung is not going to offer an 108MP sensor — it is still going to improve the camera specs.
For perspective, both Google and Apple offer a 1.4μm pixel size for their cameras and the 48MP and 64MP cameras that are being launched in more and more numbers offer a 1.6μm pixel size. Therefore, the alleged 1.8μm sensor on the Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20 Plus is more powerful.
A previous Bloomberg report said that the primary camera on the Galaxy S20 Plus will be coupled with an ultrawide-angle lens and a 5x optical zoom. Along with that, there is expected to be a time-of-flight sensor, similar to that of Galaxy Note 10 Plus.
Just last week, it was reported by South Korean website Ajunews that Samsung conducted a closed-door meeting with a select few “global telecommunications industry executives” at the CES 2020 and revealed the names of its next Galaxy S-series devices and foldable phone.
As per the report, Samsung is not going ahead with the ’11’ as the next model number but instead will call it S20 as Samsung need a new strategy for the 2020s. All the S20 series smartphones are rumoured to offer 8K video recording and to promote this feature further, Samsung has partnered with Google to enable YouTube to begin streaming 8K quality video.
- Samsung Galaxy S11 to Feature Quad-Camera With 108-Megapixel Sensor, 5x Zoom, Ultra-Wide Lens
- Xiaomi could launch Mi CC9 Pro with 108MP camera on October 24
- Samsung Galaxy Fold launches in India with an insane price tag
- 'Tech'tober 2019: From Google Pixel 4 to Redmi Note 8 Pro - here's a list of smartphones launched in October
- Xiaomi Mi MIX Alpha with Surround Display, 108MP camera: The display stands out
- Smartphones launching in November 2019: Realme X2 Pro, Moto Razr foldable smartphone, Mi CC9 Pro and more
- Samsung reportedly working on under-display camera for 2020 smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy Fold launch today in India: Specifications, expected price, features
- Samsung may introduce a 360-degree camera this month
- Samsung flags smartphone profit fall, upbeat on chips