NEW DELHI: Poco, the smartphone brand recently spun off from Xiaomi as a separate entity, will roll out India-first smartphones and accessories across price segments, and sign a pact with its parent for after-sales and supply chain support, a top executive has said. “All those devices that we launch will be launched in India first,” Poco India general manager C Manmohan told ET. The only product the brand has launched so far is Poco F1, a smartphone with high-end specifications launched in 2018 at around Rs 20,000. It will launch its second smartphone, Poco X2, on February 4. “We are currently working as a start-up with a small team,” Manmohan said. “We have started the process to become an independent legal entity in India.” Besides smartphones, the company plans to launch allied accessories but will not look at developing a full-fledged ecosystem around its handsets, officials said. Poco products will initially be available online and the brand will not leverage Xiaomi’s exclusive online and offline channels. like Mi home and Mi preferred partners. Tarun Pathak, associate director at Counterpoint Research, said Poco will take a leaf out of its parent’s playbook and will look at building a complete portfolio, instead… Read full this story
- Amazon shares drop on concerns of rising costs, India growth
- Chasing youth vote, Indian parties blitz smartphones with political cartoons
- Trump plans to scrap preferential trade treatment for India
- Verizon's 'Just Kids' wants to be your child's first smartphone plan
- Trump to drop preferential trade treatment for India; Delhi plays down impact
- Trump scraps trade privilege for India; Delhi plays down impact
- Walmart’s usual victims become allies in India
- Exclusive: Huawei plans billions in dividends for staff despite row with U.S.
- India's SpiceJet could take more of Jet Airways' 737 MAX planes: chairman
- Tibetan activists in India mark uprising's 60th anniversary
Poco plans India-first smartphones, gear have 298 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at January 28, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.