Japan has entered the new decade with the world’s most powerful passport, a new global ranking has revealed. The nation has secured the top spot in the Henley Passport Index for the third consecutive year, with its citizens able to travel to 191 nations around the world visa-free. The Singaporean passport was ranked in second place, with natives able to travel with ease to 190 countries. In joint third place were South Korea and Germany with visa-free movement to 189 nations. However, the US and the UK have continued to fall on the index, this year in joint eighth place alongside Belgium, Greece and Norway. All five nations can travel to 184 countries. Citizens of Japan can travel to 191 nations around the world visa-free and have secured the top spot in the Henley Passport Index for the third consecutive year This is a far cry from the US and UK’s lead on the index in 2015, when both countries topped the ranking. Last year, two powers were ranked in joint sixth place. Elsewhere in the top ten, Finland and Italy share fourth place, with 188 countries, while Denmark, Luxembourg, and Spain together hold fifth place with 187. Ranked sixth with 186 countries are… Read full this story
- Rejuvenated G-Mac is looking up in the world once again
- Stuart Barnes' Rugby World Cup talking points
- Josef Martinez's scoring streak nears world-record territory
- Japan sure to be top hosts as RWC begins with thrilling weekend
- How Megan Rapinoe and the U.S. Beat France at the World Cup
- PHT Power Rankings: NHL GM hot seat tiers
- How did Japan beat Ireland in Rugby World Cup 2019 Pool A?
- England Overwhelms U.S. at Rugby World Cup
- Lam: why I couldn't pass up a spot at the World Cup
- Surfing legend Kelly Slater named to World Surfing Games team
Japan has the world's most powerful passport for the third year in a row while the US and UK continue to fall down the ranks to joint eighth place have 291 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 10, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.