Effectively, the government will now be able to link the passport number and PAN of all those who are filing ITR 1 for current financial year. This is because the income tax return form 1 notified for financial year 2019-20 requires the filer to mandatorily mention passport number if any and of course the form cannot be filed without mentioning PAN. Therefore, at the back-end the government database for all ITR-1 filers who possess passports will have both pieces of information together i.e. PAN and passport number. Here’s a list of the 6 key changes, including the one mentioned above, introduced in the ITR1 for financial year 2019-20. Passport details In this year’s ITR-1, taxpayers will have to provide their passport number (if they have one). This is a new addition. This form, however, cannot be used by individuals who have spent Rs 2 lakh or more on foreign travel expenses. Chartered Accountant, Naveen Wadhwa, DGM, Taxmann.com says, “It is a possibility that passport details are asked to check if you have travelled to a foreign country in FY 2019-20 or the income declared by you matches with your ability to incur the expenses of foreign travel on yourself or… Read full this story
- Income tax notice | ITR filing: Don't make these mistakes to avoid getting tax notice
- Income tax notice response: How to respond to income tax notice online
- HDFC Bank hikes fixed deposit rates for select tenors: Check details here
- You will have to pay more for ATM transactions from January 1, 2022: Here’s why
- RBI maintains status quo on rates: What should home loan, auto loan, personal loan borrowers do now?
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged: 5 things fixed deposit investors can do to get better returns
- HDFC Life Sanchay Plus: A savings plan with guaranteed returns to safeguard your family’s future
- UTI Long Term Equity mutual fund review: An impressive turnaround
ITR filing: 6 key changes in ITR-1 you need to know have 308 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at January 7, 2020. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.