Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos criticized employee activists recently, stating that Silicon Valley tech firms should be free to do business with the U.S. Military. According to Bezos, it is up to senior management to tell employees “no” when they become activists against their own employers and their government contracts. Bezos added, “My view is if big tech is going to turn their backs on the Department of Defense, this country is in trouble. That just can’t happen.”Business Insider reports that while being interviewed at the annual Reagan National Defense Forum in California, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos stated that unless Silicon Valley tech firms work with the United States military, “this country is in trouble.” During the interview, Bezos criticized employee activists stating: “One of the things that’s happening inside technology companies is there are groups of employees who for example think that technology companies should not work with the Department of Defense.” A recent example of this was Google’s contract with the U.S. military on a drone project called Project Maven. The firm was forced to abandon the project following mass outcry from company employees. Bezos commented: “I think it’s a really important issue, and people are entitled to their opinions, but it is the… Read full this story
- Democrats and Republicans find unity in trashing Big Tech
- House Judiciary Committee launches 'top-to-bottom' antitrust probe of big tech
- Do You Trust Jeff Bezos With Your Life? Tech Giants Like Amazon Are Getting into the Health Care Business
- Jeff Bezos event protester enters disorderly conduct plea
- What is MacKenzie Bezos’s net worth, when did she divorce Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and how many children do they have?
- Blue Origin, Jeff Bezos unveils plans for space colonization
- Why Washington has turned on Big Tech
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos and wife MacKenzie finalize divorce
- Big Tech was the heart of the bull market. Now it's under fire
- Nancy Pelosi wants to scrap legal protections for Big Tech in new trade agreement
Jeff Bezos: Big Tech Bosses Need ‘to Say No’ to Activist Employees have 340 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 9, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.