Amy Barker had no DIY experience when she set out to transform her drab, dated living room into a stylish oasis of calm. But the 25-year-old from Bradford did have a plan – as well as help from her family in the project. She also pulled it all off for a lot less than it should have cost, combining one-off pieces with bargain finds from Asda and adding Black Friday deals and vouchers on top. “I wanted a living room that was in keeping with the style of the Victorian house,” Amy, an early years teaching assistant, told money-saving community LatestDeals.co.uk . “I also wanted a colour that was bright and cosy. “The process was hard as I was collecting furniture and bits and bobs over a couple of years before we bought the house – they were all in storage and I had no idea if they would pull together well or look like a jumbled mess.” But her worries were unfounded, with everything coming together beautifully for Amy and her boyfriend, with her bargain picks fitting in perfectly. “The quality and designs were amazing for the price and they always have quirky stand out pieces,” she said. “A… Read full this story
- Shoppers are set to splurge £1.14bn online today, forcing high street stores into panic sales: We reveal the best bargains on everything from beauty products to tech - with many items reduced by up to half price
- Mums are going wild for ASDA’s LOL Surprise & Harry Potter bedsheets – and they’ll set you back £4.25
- Dad creates amazing interactive stairgate to stop son from crying – and it only cost £10
- Divorce, Islam and me: 'I will for ever be the woman who left two husbands'
- Mum-of-four bags £32 of food for just £3 using an app – and she’s already made 10 family meals from it
- ’ Joel Fields on Paige’s Phone Call, the Reagan Speech, and Killing for Love
- B&M is selling a glittery pink light up table mirror for just £4 in the Boxing Day sale
- The best smartphones for 2020
- He Beat Her And Murdered Her Son — And She Got 45 Years In Jail
- Mum makes incredible rock climbing wall inside son’s bedroom for his Christmas present and spends just £140
Bradford woman creates stunning living room using Asda and TK Maxx bargains have 366 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 19, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.