PHOTO: REUTERS KARACHI: Architecture is not merely about designing and constructing buildings. In fact, every architectural work conveys countless meanings to different people and plays a key role in preserving cultural identity. Sadly, however, that is not the case in Pakistan because the schools teaching architecture across the country have drifted away from the local culture and traditions and are highly influenced by foreign architecture. This was the finding of the latest study conducted at the NED University of Engineering and Technology. The research also found that students attending such schools in the country are seldom exposed to practical work or knowledge because of which young graduates often lack the skills required to come up with unique and culturally-rich designs. The research has been carried out by Dr Yasira Naeem Pasha, the head of the Architecture and Planning Department at Dawood University of Engineering and Technology (DUET). She completed her thesis in the subject under the supervision of Dr Noman Ahmed, the dean of NED University. Holocaust architect’s grave dug up in Berlin Per the study, the syllabus which is currently being taught in Pakistani varsities for architectural education has not been updated or revised since 2013. Moreover, courses taught to… Read full this story
- From Oktoberfest in Munich to Morocco's Oasis, partake in local festivities as you discover a new destination
- Unreal (1998) is the FPS you have been missing
- Grenfell Tower fire victims – how many people were killed in the London blaze?
- South OC Preschool Proves Positive With Virtual Circle Time
- Julie Felix: 10 of her greatest performances
- The complete travel guide to Brazil's World Cup cities
- Best restaurant
- Art attack
- This summer, explore the popular Delhi-Agra-Jaipur route with your family
- The COVID-19 crisis is giving parents a taste of digital ‘unschooling’
Architectural curriculum missing local flavour have 284 words, post on tribune.com.pk at December 18, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.