CNET Decade in Review: 2010-2019 From the iPad to selfies to fake meat, we look back at an action-packed decade Read More Over the past decade, the information security (infosec) field has seen a near-constant rise in malware activity.Without a doubt, the 2010s was the decade when malware exploded from a casual semi-ammateriush landscape into a full-blown criminal operation, capable of generating hundreds of millions of US dollars per year for the actors involved.While there were thousands of malware strains that have been active in the 2010s, a few malware botnets have risen above the rest in terms of spread and size, ammounting to what some security researchers would call “super botnets.”Malware strains like Necurs, Andromeda, Kelihos, Mirai, or ZeroAccess have made a name for themselves after they’ve infected millions of devices across the globe.This article aims to summarize the biggest malware botnets that we’ve seen over the past ten years. Since tracking botnets is never a 100% accurate operation, we’re going to list the botnets in alphabetical order, and mention their peak size, as they were reported at the time.3ve 3ve is considered the most advanced click-fraud botnet ever assembled. It operated from 2013 to 2018, when it was… Read full this story
- ‘Untouchable Eddie’: Neil Mitchell re-ignites decade-old footy feud with ‘world champion hypocrite’
- Mother, 55, reveals lockdown forced her to end her decade-long affair with a married father-of-two - and says she is now getting on 'better than ever' with her husband of 27 years
- Vietnam coach rated second best of decade in Southeast Asia
- Docker servers infected with DDoS malware in extremely rare attacks
- Sony attackers also stole certificates to sign malware
- This new Trickbot malware update makes it even harder to detect
- “Perverse” malware infecting hundreds of Macs remained undetected for years
- Intel will soon bake anti-malware defenses directly into its CPUs
- The best Premier League XIs of the 1990s, 2000s and 2010s: Which team wins?
- NRL Team of the Decade 2010 to 2019 bracket: We are down to the final four
A decade of malware: Top botnets of the 2010s have 344 words, post on www.zdnet.com at December 3, 2019. This is cached page on IT Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.